Land Acquisition

The reassurance of dealing with straight-talking people who understand your ambitions

Our Land team are constantly on the look out for land with development potential. From the initial contact they will spend time with you, considering the technical aspects of the site, it’s planning potential and, more importantly, understanding your ambitions to ensure any agreement is tailored to your individual needs.

The motivations of our land-owning partners are many and varied. The desire to leave a lasting legacy is often the key to unlocking their land’s potential - an ambition that L&Q Estates shares and remains our focus as the project progresses.

With our flexible approach, we are able to build agreements that reflect your needs. We secure land by way of freehold purchase - typically with a future uplift payable once planning consent has been granted - promotion agreement, option agreement, corporate acquisition or joint venture. Our team is well versed in dealing with the complexities of large-scale site assembly, equalisation and tax matters, ensuring you are in safe and experienced hands throughout the process.

An initial meeting is informal and entirely at your own convenience - you will find us straight-talking and always willing to listen.

Option & promotion agreements explained

1. Initial meetings
Arranged at your convenience

2. Agree terms
That are suitable to your needs.

3. Instruct
Planning & Engineering teams progress.

4. Planning
Obtain planning permission from local authority.

Option agreement

5. Purchase
We buy the land from you after valuation.

Promotion agreement

5. Infrastructure
Develop infrastructure if required.

6. Sell land
Sell the land to suitable developers & share profits.

“...L&Q's commitment to taking a long term view distinguished them from their competition...”

“In 2016 L&Q Estates acquired a 75% shareholding of a Special Purpose Vehicle company, which owns North Barton Farm, a 400 acre plot of land north of the City of Winchester. My company owns the remaining 25%, so L&Q Estates and I have a common interest in promoting the land.

L&Q Estates commitment to taking a long term view distinguished them from their competition, which in large part probably explains their enviable long term record of promotional success. In my opinion, the promotion of strategic land requires a great deal of patience, commitment and effort, and I wanted a fellow shareholder with both a capacity and a willingness to invest capital, human and monetary, over a long period. This approach is the best way of maximising the chance of a successful planning outcome, and L&Q understand this better than most.

L&Q Estates longstanding nationwide experience in Land Promotion is proving invaluable in promoting our site.

On a personal level, it has, since the beginning, been an absolute pleasure to work with L&Q Estates. Professionally all the L&Q Estates staff I have dealt with have been courteous, diligent and hard working. They always respond quickly and professionally, and always display a positive and constructive attitude. I feel very much that we are working jointly to achieve our objectives.”

Richard Brake
Chairman, Kaikoura Capital

Take the next steps >

Talk to us

“Our team is well versed in dealing with the complexities of large-scale site assembly, equalisation and tax matters, ensuring you are in safe and experienced hands throughout the process. An initial meeting is informal and entirely at your own convenience - you will find us straight-talking and always willing to listen”.

Ian Hardwick - Group Managing Director, L&Q Estates

Contact details
Designed by Brand Skillings Ltd.